POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Isosurfaces : Re: Isosurfaces Server Time
17 Aug 2024 12:17:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurfaces
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 11 Oct 2001 04:36:41
Message: <3BC55A19.A051E802@gmx.de>
"Bob H." wrote:

> Anyway, the reason he didn't think it should exist anymore was due to the
> fact it has been outdated and there are others people have made to take its
> place now.

Although i like Samuel's tutorial very much i agree, for new users it
would be quite irritating because some things no more work the same way.

The tutorial in the 3.5 docs is very basic (also because it had to be kept
short with not so many images to keep the filesize small) and tries to be
understandable for those not so fluent in math. Mike's and Smellenbergh's
are very good additions for those who want to learn more or need a
detailed reference.

> Hm, I checked the settings again and looks like it needed resetting.  Anyone
> care to try this link for me and see if you're turned away in some manner?
> TIA

I still can get it as before.

Christoph

--